Tuesday, May 17, 2011

25th Annual Bay Bridge Run!

As stated in the advertisement, the Navy sponsors this run, and its the ONLY day in the year where people can cross the Coronado Bridge on foot. IT WAS FABULOUS!  The weather was cool, sunny, and perfect. Jen lives in a high rise in downtown San Diego, so we literally walked to the start. A record breaking 10,000 people registered for the 4 mile run/walk!

At the start!

We warmed up, started walking and when we could, started to run. At some point, I told Jen to take off as she has 22 years on me - and she did. Jen taking off - you can see the bridge above : 

So I plugged in my IPod, and began on my own. As we approached the bridge, I was overcome as it was so high and so gorgeous -- couldn't wait to get to the top and take some pics:

 Members of the Navy playing on the bridge!

 Half-way there!

 This is what the back of the tee-shirt looks like. We picked ours up on the other side --- cool, huh!
Like I said - it was a gorgeous day!
Coronado Island - this is where the bridge leads. Jen works on Coronado Island, and the Navy SEALS train here. Paradise!
 When I got to the top of the bridge, guess who was waiting for me!!! I was SOOO excited to see her!


Jen said, "How often is that you get to take a picture at the top of the Coronado Bridge with your Mom?"  We ran to the finish together.

 Once past the finish line (yay), we got some awesome pastries at a local market, some coffee, and headed back on a water taxi:

This is the view of San Diego from Coronado Island...a very, very beautiful city!


Our water taxi driver. It felt GREAT to sit down :)


It was an outstanding day that I will never forget. Thank you Jen for waiting for me at the top --- I love you so much! - Mom xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment